I am tickled to have been selected for a stylish blogger award by Tammi over at little poppa & me
, what a thrill! Upon accepting this award I need to...
- Thank & link back to the person who awarded me
- Share 7 things about myself
- Pay it forward to 10 great bloggers
- Contact those bloggers and tell them about their award
Okay, so let's kick it off with 7 things about me...
1. I grew up in the country on a hill that, way back then, seemed to be in the middle of nowhere & lived in a caravan with our little family, my brothers horse, a dog, a cat & chooks while my dad built our home & my mum would cart water to our van for us to stand in a tub & be washed down by candlelight. This was only 35 yrs ago, not the beginning of time! I love the memories of those caravanning hillbilly days!
2.I have four brothers, 1 older & 3 younger all of whom I adore and cherish with all my heart, even though I was dismally disappointed every time mum came home with another brother.
3. My ultimate life dream was to be a dancer travelling the world and living a life of glamour on the stage. One day I'm going to put my taps back on and dance my days away as a granny.
4. I LOVE the really 'bad for you' bits at the bottom of the fry pan & roasting dish.
5. I was always confused when star signs would talk about my creative ways, all my life I never thought I had the slightest glimmer of creative goodness within me & always admired my unbelievably talented mother who would sew the most amazing things. Little did I know, I just had to do a little soul searching...
6. As I get older I am noticing how much like my dad I am. Growing up I'd always thought we had nothing in common, when in fact we are so very alike. His meticulous ways, his love & appreciation for all things old & beautiful and for old fashioned, handcrafted perfection. I hope that my boys can spend loads of time with him when he retires, he is hands down the cleverest man I know!
7. I have always wanted to go whale watching and one day I will. There is something incredibly mesmerising about whales...their enormity, their grace. Oh my goodness I think I would be terrified and elated all at once to see them close up!
So now I will hand this very lovely award on to 10 other fabulous bloggers whose space I love to go visit and enjoy their stylish ways...
bord & butik
join my joy
kiss the birdie
tea with lucy
cloth to creation
thimbles & crumbles
myrtle & eunice
...I could go on, but there you have it. Thanks again Tammi!