The Serenity prayer!
"Lord grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change
the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference..."
Boy, have I been talking a whole lot of that
to myself this week!
* Broken vacuum for the 4th time in 2yrs, now past its warranty period. Let me just tell you that I use this vital piece of machinery every single day, not to go through the entire house (infact I only do upstairs every few weeks, eek!) but to quickly pick up those breakycrumbs, playground dirt & all manner of odds & ends. Repeat, VITAL piece of equipment, for which I paid a ridiculous amount of money.
* Hot water service busted, pilot light won't stay lit! I have showered 3 times this whole week!
* No access to my emails for 4 days, goodness knows whats waiting there, people no doubt cursing my inaction & just plain rudeness for not responding to them..
*A thrip plague, as if the mozzies weren't bad enough, now I can't even hang washing outside.
*Hubby away for a few days with work, the kids are pining, the little guy asking " Is Daddy home tomorrow? Is it tomorrow yet?". The big boy asking if we could just send Dad a text to ask his advice on this & again on that & again on something else..
And now, I look at my list of whinging & whining & it all seems so insignificant when you look at what other people are living through around the world at the moment. So
* I am blessed to have a healthy, mostly happy little bunch of people surrounding me.
*It is almost Christmas & we are going to put up our decorations, while playing christmas tunes nice & loud, yay!
* I have a little something in the pipeline which practically just 'happened' completely unexpectedly and I am very excited about it, so the future's looking bright..
* I have my coffee & my vegemite toast on this rainy morning while the boys happily build the worlds most elaborate train track.
So, if that top list there is all I have to complain about, life's pretty good & I am grateful