Monday, January 4, 2016

the sunset series..welcoming 2016




New Yeats Eve 2015.

We spent a balmy evening wandering rockpools, swimming, sitting and sipping champagne as the sun went down for the final time in 2015.

It's moments like this that ground me, that stop me dead in my tracks and force me to soak in all the wonderful.  This life we live down here on the coast is more than I ever dreamed I could have, what a blessing, how lucky we are.  I'm sure my kids get sick of hearing me say it, but I don't want them to ever take this for granted.

I don't know what 2016 holds for us.  I don't have my 'one word' and I don't have any resolutions. I feel a little unprepared for a new year to begin, and so I'm easing in slowly.  Perhaps I'll just strive to keep my heart and my mind open.  To live each new day one at a time, soaking in the moments and being grateful.

Thanks to you all for joining me here in this blogging space, albeit with less than regular posts these days.

Happy New Year to you all, may yours be all kinds of wonderful x

1 comment:

  1. Oh to live by the sea....
    Wish you and your loved ones a happy 2016.
    Thanks for all the beautiful pictures on the blog.

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x