Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy New Year!

My Family
Happy New Year to everyone! Time stood still for my family for a little while there with a very sick little boy in hospital for 11 days.  It was a very frightening and trying time for us all, especially my little man, but we've made it through and making a slow but steady recovery, ready to re-start our holidays & make the most of what is left before school resumes.  Going through such a traumatic experience has changed my way of thinking in a lot of ways.  I feel a lot more tolerant of other people & their sometimes irrational behaviour, I'm more relaxed and able to put things into perspective instead of letting silly little things bother me.  In fact, nothing at all seems very important right now, just having us all back at home together and enjoying one another.  Spending time with family and amazingly supportive friends.  There really isn't anything more to life really, is there!  It's a shame it takes such an ordeal to bring you back to earth and make you appreciate the treasures that surround you.

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and are thoroughly enjoying your holidays.  I'm looking forward to catching up with you all in the world of blogging, and I hope 2010 is a great year for everyone of you...  May the new year begin!! XX

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you!!!! Hope your little man is up and about soon, what a horrible way to spend your New Year. Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope everything goes back to normal soon and that the little man bounces back stronger than ever. I hope that that is the hardest thing you have to deal with this year and that 2010 is the most fabulous year ever. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a terrible ordeal for your family to endure. You must have felt so out of control. I hope you enjoy the rest of the holidays and that the year ahead is full of wonderful things. xx

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x