Friday, January 23, 2015

sunset..







We took a stroll after dinner last night, down to the beach to watch the sunset.  I wanted to acknowledge my cousins birthday, he passed away suddenly last year and he loved a sunset.  He would have been forty this day.

After close to perfect weather, the clouds had moved in and the wind was blowing a gale.  We were almost not going to bother.

But then we did.

And it was magical.

Of course, a nudie swim in the rock pools was inevitable.

On the way home, my little guy said it was the best night ever and he was going to make sure he did this with his kids when he was a dad.

We decided it was to be a birthday tradition.



*pictures by Nick, I told him not to worry about bringing the camera, but I'm glad he did x

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Mel. I think it is a beautiful way to remember your cousin each year on his birthday it is not easy but I think it is so important to remember their lives in little ways. Last year we all went out for dinner to celebrate my Dad's birthday, it was so hard not having him there but nice to be together and remember him:) What a sweet thing for your son to say:):) Yeah for nudie swims for little ones:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful memories! Definitely glad for the camera. =)

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x