Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Time to get Creative - Here Goes...

Ok, so I'm attempting  to make a quilt! Not one of those fancy and very clever patchwork quilts that so many of you talented crafters make (I wish!).  I'm taking baby steps trying a simplified version, a quilt for dummies, if you like...

Anyway, I plan to make it out of these sheets & a few off cuts I've picked up.  I think it'll be ideal to use as a little picnic throw, nice & light & easy to wash.  So, fingers crossed...

...Ok, an hour in and so far the hardest part is deciding the order of the squares, it's doing my head in already, I've just spent an hour moving fabrics from here to there & back again!  Perhaps I'm over-complicating things...the plan was to keep it simple, time for a break...

To see what everyone else is up to pop on over to Kirsty's.

8 comments:

  1. Good Luck with your Quilt. The fabrics look so pretty. Just yell out if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds fabulous. can't wait to see your progress!!
    Ive got one in the cupboard Ive never finished! will take it to mum I think. she is the quilt making queen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all your fabrics! I've never made one before, so give lots of updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beginnings look very promising.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be warned, quilting is very addictive! Best of luck with your first one. The fabrics look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabrics look gorgeous! My favourite quilts are a bit random and less formal. I think this one is going to be wonderful. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the quilt, hope you get your pattern sorted real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your fabrics, so pretty and girly. Just go for it the quilt will look fab when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x