Monday, March 30, 2015

crochet class..sharing the love



I'll be teaching another beginner crochet class these school holidays as part of the 'Art for Contentment' program run by my lovely friend Heather Gallagher and the Uniting Church Queenscliff.  

This time though, I'm going to allow myself some shopping time! Our class is set up in a corner of the op-shop at 'Kirk's Place' amongst some beautiful oldwares and very lovely linens that I didn't have a chance to look at closely last time.

We start from the absolute beginning of crochet 'how to', so if you've never picked up a hook before, this class will be perfect for you.

I'll be showing you the basic crochet stitches which we'll have plenty of time to repeat, repeat, repeat. This way, you'll be able to find your rhythm, build some momentum and develop a basic understanding of tension and how to use it.

I love that everyone has their own style of crochet, its a beautiful craft.   I love its forgiving nature, especially when we're learning, and I love that with the most basic of stitches, you can create incredibly intricate works of art or just a simple snuggly favourite something for everyday.

On a side note..aahh school holidays, I am going to breathe you in and soak up your calmness, and with any luck (toddler depending) sleep in!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! thanks so much for visiting x