Friday, May 29, 2020

Taking stock..


I do like a little TAKING STOCK post.  Time to notice, reflect and appreciate stuff.  Here's what's happening in my world this weird and wonderful May..


Making: Crochet shawls, and working on unfinished projects 


Cooking: Hearty one pot casseroles full of veg and goodness


Sipping: Wine, maybe a little too often, but enjoying it


Reading: Phosphorescence by Julia Baird


Waiting: Everyday feels a bit like waiting at the moment, I'm not sure for what, just waiting


Looking: forward to a family gathering where all of our babies can finally play and hug and have fun together.  Also, I can't wait to have all my brothers in one place and to hug them tight


Listening: to my clever boy's ISOLATION EP, loving it and moving to it regularly


Wishing: I could knit! I will persevere


Enjoying: Having my boys still at home remote learning, random chats with them and seeing them so happy and relaxed about it all.


Appreciating: Our wonderful teachers! Seriously, beyond words.  They've been nothing short of amazing.  Olive's teacher has been so reassuring, and supportive and SO much fun, he should really be on Playschool.


Eating: all the chocolate my babies bought me for Mother's Day


Liking: that my boys can see their friends again.  Kids need their mates, I'm aware of that now more than I ever was before


Loving: Autumn sunshine and the stunning pastel skies at night


Buying: Food! We are going through so much food with these boys home everyday


Managing: to allow myself time for quiet, still working on the inherent need to justify it though


Watching: Dead to Me on Netflix


Hoping: That there's a change to our 'normal' as restrictions ease. That people realise things can be done differently, slower, with more focus on the important stuff.


Wearing: My favourite PRIMOEZA hand knit and linen jumpsuit almost everyday, it's like my uniform


Noticing: I'm a better gardener than I ever thought!  I just always assumed I'd be crappy at it, but turns out I actually have a bit of a green thumb.  Who knew?!


Sorting: through toys and clothes the kids have outgrown


Getting: tips on how to darn and repair holes in favourite knits


Bookmarking: balustrade designs, ours needs replacing as our children grow taller and much bigger.


Coveting: Wendy's beautiful FLOWERFOLK dresses.  They remind me of my Mum's favourite dresses that I always hoped I'd inherit, but sadly were tossed out somewhere along the way


Feeling: grateful that my husband's work has been secure and ongoing 


Hearing: constant finger boarding tricks coming from the little guys room, a lot of online group chatter coming from the middle guy's room and sweet sounds of guitar strumming from the biggest.


Taking Stock with Pip HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! thanks so much for visiting x