Sunday, January 25, 2015

4/52..


a portrait of my daughter, once a week every week in 2015..

olive: assumed sleeping position, nuzzled into mama's neck and sideways..

This is certainly not the greatest quality portrait, but this is us, every day, and I couldn't resist capturing it.  She wakes and comes into our bed sometimes in the wee early hours and sometimes closer to dawn, but every time, she nuzzles into my neck, she breathes me in and she drifts back into a peaceful slumber. 

Yes, I may be lying on the very edge of the bed, I may be stiff and uncomfortable, my already warm skin sticking to her sweaty little head, but I want to savour every moment of these days, for I know all too soon they will be just a sweet, sweet memory.


joining jodi's 52 project here..



4 comments:

  1. That's so beautiful and it's a lovely feeling the snuggle. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's such a lovely portrait, and such a special moment to remember - my three are still at the snuggly age but I know it will be gone before I realise so I'm trying to treasure it, even if like you it means sleeping on the very very edge of the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great portrait because it captures the moment beautifully, and her lovely curls. My baby seems to be always craning his neck to see what's going on, so the rare moments when he rests his head on my shoulder are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and precious! What a blessing. =)

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x