Friday, April 11, 2014

one indulgent hour..



I don't crave time to myself, I'll usually get to where I'm going and feel a bit lost without my gang, but today when the opportunity presented itself I took advantage.  I took myself and my crochet out for a coffee where I could sit quietly and enjoy the view.  I have to admit, it was nice being able to drink the coffee and enjoy the 'way too big for one' tart uninterrupted.

I was going to dash off to the supermarket straight after, but instead went for a wander along the back beach. Time to breathe in the air, watch the waves and not really think about anything in particular.  

I was only gone for an hour, but it was all I needed.  I was happy to get home to my baby eating a vegemite sandwich and nattering away, my boys still in their pyjamas and still playing the lego video game they were playing when I left.  Happy to get back to a load of laundry and to make a lasagne for dinner.

Although I don't crave that time, I know its good for me and I know I need to make a regular habit of it. Its good for all of us.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds blissful! I definitely crave time to myself... all the time! But rarely do I make it happen. You have inspired me :) x

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x