Saturday, October 27, 2012

a little getaway..









"don't be sad that it's over, smile because it happened.." or so they say.  

It seems our photos's are minimal, we were too busy living the moments.  I smile every time I look at the pictures from our brief little getaway.  Short it may have been, but it certainly was all kinds of wonderful.

Our hotel was great, the simple joys of going up and down in the lift each day brought endless excitement.  The weather was mostly kind, the theme parks were a blast, dinner's out, swimming every day..

We've come home completely and utterly exhausted and fulfilled.

...and, as all good things must come to an end, 3 out of 5 of us have now been struck with the gastro bug, so I'm spending my hours between the laundry, the bathroom and emptying vomit buckets, but boy did we have fun while it lasted! 


more grateful posts over here...



8 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful time away. Here's hoping you can carry that a bit of that holiday feeling with you once more, after the gastro bug has gone. They are the worst and you have my sympathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of you all in the lift, so happy! Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That beach looks fantastic, love the family photo in the lift! You all look great... that husband of yours is quite the spunk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful time away! Not so wonderful, the Gastro on your return though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy days for your lovely fam! Then not so happy days... sigh. But still, keep looking at these wonderful pics, Mel!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous family, having so much fun! I too had hardly any photos from our recent holiday, I was just too busy living :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mel, you gorgeous girl. You look utterly radiant. Just delightful. The return home - not so much, you poor poppet. I hope you're all feeling chipper tomorrow. J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely time away....shame about the nasty germs on your return! Yay I found you. When I moved my blog I lost alot of the blogs I followed and I couln't remember you blog address!!! Hope all is well in your world and filled with wooly goodness. Steph :) x
    (moved from mon petit poppet)

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x