Tuesday, July 13, 2010

time to hit the stairs...

So, I am the worst ever at setting any kind of fitness goals, frankly, it just doesn't interest me, never has!  The reality is, my 38yr old, bearer of 3 chunky babies, dessert loving body is not going to keep itself trim without a little exercise, it's time I faced it.  So this is my new regime, it's not much but it's something, and I know if I over do it with some lengthy program that I'll never find time to do, well, I simply won't do it...

So here it is...
my stairs!!

I will do 20 sets of these stairs each day.  That doesn't include the going up & down to do incidental things here & there, it means consecutive sets. 
So it's up 2 at a time & singles down = 1 set.

I am putting it out there for all to know in the hope that this will help me to commit. Otherwise, I'd most likely decide a cuppa & some blog visiting might be a nicer way to spend a few minutes.  Yes, it's only a few minutes...a day! I can commit to that.  I will commit to that.

Starting NOW!!

no goals, no 'by this time I'll have lost this much or be wearing that bathing suit..' just do it to feel good, because I know I will...(looking good in a bathing suit will be a bonus)...

18 comments:

  1. you can do it!!
    I think I need to commit to something aswell as I feel I give me NO time at all.
    you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you! I so need to join you but 1) I have no stairs and 2) I hate leaving the house in winter. My house is long. Maybe I can do laps of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big breathe and off you go!!!Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea! And like you say, putting it here is a commitment. If I had some stairs I would join you - I would! But I don't.
    I'll have a think...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like the perfect plan - no need to go anywhere special, and it's completely free. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! Hope putting it out there in blogland will be the incentive that you need. I am meant to be doing exercise also...... tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea! go for it! you'll feel so good after just a week of it... and as for your buns! they'll be tight as a tiger's...rrrrr! or whatever that expression is! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  8. way to go! it makes you feel so much more energized! I purchased a treadmill a few months ago, and without being a psychotic fitness fanatic, (which by the way, I never will be!!), I can jump on it for just 5 minutes, and it makes the world of difference to my wellbeing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good start!!Me very lazy to do anthing but always wish I could lose some weight!!Hmm No stairs at home is my excuse this time:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have company coming in 2 weeks and I have been trying to trim up for this visit for months...this woman told me I had child barren hips back in 8th grade. Boy a comment like that sticks with a kid.
    So I too will hit the stairs. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I've just been giving myself a pep talk on doing a little something everyday to get the blood pumping. Brilliant idea to use the stairs, perhaps I could count the ones while I'm doing my laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haven't been around for ages and missed seeing those adorable superhero children of yours and if thats you in the scarf with buzz you can put your feet up now,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good idea....... put some happy music on really loud!!!!!!! Enjoy..... Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. You go girl!!! Ok I think I will add stairs to my list too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you! How many have you done today already?? Not 20 yet?? ok - off to do another set right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome idea! Best of luck to you...you'll be as fit as a fiddle in no time. Hope you are having a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. good for you! Im in a similar position with two chunky babies and a love for the good life (ie.cheese and wine) and those stairs look just as painful as my treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you Mel! I know you can do it. I've actually been thinking of doing the very same thing myself lately, coz I did have a treadmill that I used regularly, but then the belt went bust and exercise has never been the same since. :(

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x