Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Creative Space - A Little Love...

I was so impressed by some super duper stool makeovers over at May The Cloth Be With You last week.  So, when I found this little old gem at the op shop the other day for a whole $5, screaming out to me, begging me to take it home & make it pretty, that is just what I did...

Before...
After...

Sweet don't you think...
I haven't quite finished, I've only tacked on the trim, I'm not sure I want to keep it that way, but I do think it's pretty & it does tie in nicely with my refurbished lamp shade from last week...

To share in a little creativity pop over to Kirsty's.

19 comments:

  1. That's soooo much better! I love the trim, it sets off that beautiful floral perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks brilliant! I love the fabric and the trim together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I adore this. It's absolutely perfect! $5 well spent, I'd say.

    Signed,
    a green-eyed monster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a stunner , the fabric is gorgeous and i think the trim really makes it . I've not seen anyone do that so i reckon its pretty unique , with a big emphasis on the pretty .

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's turned out so pretty and the lace is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute - looks like new stool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your make over is great & I'd keep the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a difference! Stool looks gorgeous, nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving the trim...And fab job all together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute, have a great weekend away, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the after! The trim is so pretty, do keep it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, a vote for keeping the trim from me, it really completes it I think. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great bargain stool. I love the vintage fabric and trim! Very pretty makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it - what a great find and a great job by you. Happy weekend/escaping tantrums! Nic

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG the stool is gorgeous please leave the trim it looks fabulous you have done an amazing job

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your stool is almost too pretty to sit on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. super super super super adorable. I love how your stool turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh it is just gorgeous (Love the lace and floral combo)! I think I will be on the lookout for unloved stools now!

    ReplyDelete

hello! thanks so much for visiting x